Friday, August 15, 2008

(my) country of people and sea










" Everything chains me to the land I gave myself in:
the suddenly teenager river,
the light tripping on the corners,
the sands where I impatiently burnt.


Everything chains me with the same sad love
that is knowing life doesn't last long,
and in it I put hope and the warmth
of some fingers with remains of tenderness.


They say there are other skies and other moons
and other eyes deep with joy,
but I belong to these houses, these streets,
this love dripping melancholy. "


(eugénio de andrade, canção breve)

















...











i see the way.





i know it complete, and i know where it leads.



to which sea of land and people of my own.








fear of shame?


shame of fear?






the same cold shiver going into the sea
- my whole life in suspended desire
for the awaited time of this dive of me.





more than queens and princes
i bring in my suitcase the fairies that know my wings
in certainty, dignity of just being.



i am all those i buried,
all those that were born inside
- tattooed seeds of constant change of tide.








.










i hear (myself) in the wind.


as if mine the name that someone.



as if calling dream to a life
that no one else
no one else
has.
























...














right now,

faraway and close,

i try humbleness:














i live.
















.
















(first picture: ana nicolau, selfportrait2007
second picture: eduardo gageiro
third picture: haleh bryan, dani-blue)



No comments: