Sunday, March 2, 2008

break(ing)
































i delayed him in our hug, back then.

there were numerous days of distance between us, lives we lived apart, all the things we didn't share, the pains, the walls, the joys, the victories, missing what we once were, the pride-sometimes-shame of what we became, what we are in this present of one more day.

the one today.

where i shape my departure from you.

















(when dream is gone, haleh bryan)










it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe

if you don't know by now



an' it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe

it'll never do somehow






when your rooster crows at the break of dawn

look out your window and i'll be gone



you're the reason i'm trav'lin' on











...











don't think twice, it's all right
































it ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe

that light i never knowed



an' it ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe

i'm on the dark side of the road






i wish there was somethin' you would do or say

to try and make me change my mind and stay



we never did too much talkin' anyway











...











so don't think twice, it's all right
















i pack the life i was here to open it somewhere else, in another space, my own, where i'll live with open doors, letting in the air and the others, the music that reaches the silence within, that makes it sing, gently wakes me up, sets me free, slowly returns me to the feeling inside.

































...







on that other part of me, i still hold on to what i don't have or know.





and i don't
ever
let you die in my dreams.







..







you only die in this everything
this life
this being
of every instant.































you die in me



only



everyday.
























...









it ain't no use in callin' out my name, boy

like you never done before



it ain't no use in callin' out my name, boy

i can't hear you any more






i'm a-thinkin' and a-wond'rin' walkin' down the road

i once loved a man, a child i'm told



i gave him my heart but he wanted my soul











...











don't think twice, it's all right




































so long,


honey babe


















where i'm bound, i can't tell


















goodbye's too good a word, babe


















so i'll just say fare thee well


















i ain't sayin' you treated me unkind

you could have done better but i don't mind



you just kinda wasted my precious time











...











but don't think twice, it's all right

















.












(aditional images by cig harvey, katia chausheva and noronha da costa
poem: adaptation of
don't think twice, it's all right, by bob dylan)

3 comments:

Joana Roque Lino said...

don't think twice not to loose the train... um grande beijinho.

L.Reis said...

...quantas memórias presas na música que aqui sinto.

Unknown said...

Nice blog ana!

Deep and meaningful...in so many ways that i know you....

Some of the pictures were really beautiful.....

Smiles
x